Debian 6.0.7 Squeeze Is Now Available for Download
This is just maintenance update featuring security fixes
The Debian project announced the immediate availability for download of the seventh maintenance release of the Debian 6 Linux operating system.Debian 6.0.7 is just a maintenance update with very few changes, asides from the updates implemented to plug various security problems.
Highlights of Debian 6.0.7:
• The detection of squeeze-updates and squeeze has been improved;
• Don't allow jobs access to other jobs' temporary files;
• Dependency on liburi-perl has been added and it’s used during package configuration;
• The URL for master mirror list has been updated;
• NULL pointer dereference has been fixed;
• Avoid code execution in setuid/setgid binaries;
• Avoid using memcpy on overlapping regions;
Check out the complete changelog in the official announcement.
Users who already have a Debian 6.0 installation won't have to reinstall the system all over again. They just need to perform a regular update, as only a small number of packages will be downloaded from security.debian.org.
Download Debian 6.0.7 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW