Vigil Games has just unveiled quite a few new details about its upcoming adaptation of Darksiders II for the Nintendo Wii U, confirming that exclusive new content has been added to the game’s disc and that plenty of new features are incorporated in the game.
Darksiders 2 came out back in August for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, and delivered an intense hack and slash experience that impressed not just with its gameplay but also with its lengthy campaign and imposing visual style.
Now, developer Vigil is busy adapting the game for the Nintendo Wii U, as it’s one of the many titles that will be available right when the console is launched this November
The studio has highlighted the different content that’s included on the game’s disc and, besides DLC confirmed for the other versions of the game, like Argul’s Tomb, extra things like the Angel of Death or the Shadow of Death packs are present.
• Argul’s Tomb – The game’s first downloadable content pack featuring a unique area, three new dungeons and new weapons and armor to collect.
• Death Rides Pack – Three new side-quests for the Darksiders II campaign.
• Angel of Death & Shadow of Death packs – New legendary armor and weapon choices for the player early in the game.
• Deadly Despair Pack – Upgraded horse speed boost.
• Additional unique legendary weapon and armor sets for the player to use from the start of the game.
Vigil also revealed some of the key features
of the game, ranging from its impressive mechanics to the Wii U-exclusive features like support for the console’s GamePad or the special Pro Controller.
• Play Death – Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven or Hell.
• Epic Universe – Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
• Player Choice & Customization – Thousands of weapon and armor items, three diverse specializations, along with customizable Harbinger & Necromancer Skill Trees allow players to create their own Death.
• Replay-ability – Side quests, vast open world, endless equipment combinations, Skill Tree customization and leveling system offer compelling reasons to play through Darksiders II again and again.
• Traversal – Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
• Unique Wii U GamePad Functionality – Play Darksiders II like never before using the WiiU GamePad screen to instantly access inventory and abilities.
• Different Ways to Play – Play Darksiders II on your TV, just on the Wii U GamePad, or with the Wii U Pro Controller.
A few images of Darksiders 2 and the Wii U were also released by Vigil, so check them out below.