Damn Small Linux, a very versatile 50MB mini desktop oriented Linux distribution initially developed as an experiment, is now at version 4.11 RC1.
The developer of DLS (Damn Small Linux) 4.11 RC1 has tried to make the new version of the distribution a little friendlier to old hardware. Highlights of Damn Small Linux 4.11 RC1:
• JWM has been updated to 2.1.0 (now supports rounding);
• Dillo has been updated to 3.0.2 (much improves CSS support);
• xChat 1.8.9 has been added (the last version that supported gtk1.2);
• sic 1.1 IRC client has been added;
• A few applications have been removed (such as flminicalc and gphone);
• Menu items to switch between DFM & xtdesk icon engines have been added.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
. Download Damn Small Linux 4.11 RC1
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.