DEFT 8 Beta Forensic Distro Is Almost Perfect
Very few distros can really provide so many useful applications
DEFT, a Linux distribution based on Linux kernel 3.x and the DART (Digital Advanced Response Toolkit) with the best freeware Windows Computer Forensic tools, is now at version 8 Beta.DEFT stands for Digital Evidence & Forensic Toolkit and it's based on Lubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal).
Highlights of DEFT Linux 8 Beta:
• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.5.0-30 and it's available for the 64-bit architecture;
• The Sleuthkit 4 and Autopsy 2 – Ready for Autopsy tools have been implemented;
• The Digital Forensics Framework has been updated to version 1.3;
• Complete support has been added for Libewf and AFFlib;
• Recoll has been updated to version Recoll 1.19.5.
More details about this release are available in the official announcement.
Download DEFT Linux 8 Beta right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW