CrunchBang, a Linux distribution based on Debian and powered by the lightweight Openbox window manager, designed especially for low-end machines, is now at version 11 R20120806.
CrunchBang 11 R20120806 distribution, codenamed "Waldorf," is based on Wheezy sources which is the testing branch of Debian. This means that changes, bugs and breakages are expected.
Highlights of CrunchBang 11 R20120806:
· For the first time the distribution has surpassed the 700 MB limit and the developers are not keen on making it smaller;
· ARandR has replaced grandr;
· A new GUI app, SliMconf, has been developed to help configure the login manager;
· Similar fonts to Ubuntu have been implemented;
· VLC has been replaced with Gnome Player.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement
Download CrunchBang 11 R20120806
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.