Download the latest CrossOver Linux trial right now from Softpedia
CrossOver Linux, an application based on Wine which allows users to install popular Windows applications and PC games on a Linux computer, is now at version 12.1.0CrossOver Linux is making great strides for Linux and the new version fixes quite a few problems, not to mentions a nasty bug on Unity.
“On Linux, we have resolved a crash for Ubuntu / Unity users running Guild Wars 2. We have also resolved some error messages which had been present in the terminal on start-up from the command-line,” stated the official announcement.
Highlights of CrossOver Linux 12.1.0:
• The developers have chosen not to ship Wine-Mono with their application. Apparently, this particular feature has increased the size of the download package too much. CrossOver can still download and install Wine-Mono as-needed.
• A bug which caused CrossOver to print unnecessary error messages when launching Windows applications, complaining that certain icon files could not be found, has been fixed;
• Running Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 12.04 with CrossOver 12 triggered a bug in the Compiz window manager, which caused a CPU spike. A registry key, which can be used to disable the feature that caused Guild Wars 2 to trigger this bug, has been implemented;
• An issue where the screen would go blank during the installation of some programs has been repaired;
• Some connection errors with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, which occurred when connecting to hosted Exchange servers, have been repaired;
• A bug selecting shapes in Visio 2010 has been fixed.
CrossOver Linux now officially supports the following applications: World of Tanks, Quicken 2013, .Net 4.0, Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, and World of Warcraft.
Check out the complete changelog for comprehensive list of updates and new features.
CrossOver Linux is capable of running a wide range of Windows software and games. To see if your favorite application works with CrossOver, please check What Runs section of the official website.
Download CrossOver Linux 12.1.0 trial right now from Softpedia.