CodeWeavers, through Josh Dubois, CrossOver product manager at CodeWeavers, proudly announced this morning in a press release that the CrossOver 11.2.0 software has been officially released for both Linux and Mac OS X platforms, bringing support for Microsoft Visio 2010 and Microsoft Project 2010.Based on Wine 1.4.1, CrossOver 11.2.0 comes with lots of general improvements for various applications, as well as support for the upcoming Apple Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) operating system.
"I am happy to announce that we at CodeWeavers have released CrossOver 11.2.0 for both Mac and Linux!"
"In addition, we have added support for Microsoft Visio 2010 and Microsoft Project 2010 on both Mac and Linux. Another major feature is incorporation of Wine 1.4.1, which is a bug-fix release of Wine's stable 1.4 branch, and includes many improvements for a variety of applications," the press release stated.
Highlights of CrossOver 11.2.0:
· Based on Wine 1.4.1;
· Support for Microsoft Visio 2010;
· Support for Microsoft Project 2010;
· Improvements for Fedora 17 (including support for UDisks 2 and correct Perl detection);
· Improved detection of the libpng library on various Linux distributions, such as Arch Linux;
· Fixed an issue with uninstalling packages (and packages built with cxrepackage) from Ubuntu Software Center;
· zypper package manager is now suggested on SUSE Linux, instead of Yast;
· Fixed microphone detection issues for Rosetta Stone 3;
· Fixed a crash in PowerPoint 2010;
· Internet Explorer 7 Japanese input improvements;
· Graphics card detection improvements;
· Graphics driver detection is now allowed in CrossTie files;
· Better installation notes are provided during CrossTie installations.
CrossOver 11.2.0 comes with native packages for the Ubuntu/Debian, Red Hat/Fedora/SUSE/Mandriva operating systems, as well as a universal binary package for other Linux distros.
Download CrossOver 11.2.0 right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+