The Cr OS Linux developers announced yesterday, December 9, the immediate availability for download of the Cr OS Linux 2.4.1290 Live CD Linux operating system, which brings numerous important updates and fresh software.
Being powered by Linux kernel 3.6.5, the Cr OS Linux 2.4.1290 distributions comes with the beautiful Cinnamon 1.6.6 desktop environment and the powerful Chromium 24.0.1290 web browser.
"We are pleased to announce the release of Cr OS Linux 2.4.1290, featuring the updated versions of Chromium web browser, Cinnamon desktop environment and Google Drive client Insync!"
"Cr OS Linux is a lightweight Linux distribution based on openSUSE providing the most up-to-date software and intuitive experience. You can get it for free from: http://getchrome.eu," was stated in the Google+ announcement.
Highlights of Cr OS Linux 2.4.1290:
· Linux kernel 3.6.5;
· Cinnamon 1.6.6 desktop environment;
· Chromium 24.0.1290 web browser;
· InSync Beta 10 client for Google Drive;
· LibreOffice 3.5 office suite;
· Banshee 2.4 media player;
· GIMP 2.8 image editor;
· Shotwell 0.12 photo manager;
· Wine 1.5 Windows emulator;
· Pidgin 2.10 multi-protocol instant messenger;
· Cheese 3.4 webcam app;
· Dashboard with the social toolbar;
· Improved Control Center;
· and much more!
Cr OS Linux, previously known as Chrome OS Linux, is a free Linux Live CD distribution built around the revolutionary Google Chrome (Chromium) web browser and based on the openSUSE operating system.
The following system requirements are recommended by the Cr OS Linux developers for new installations:
· A supported CPU: Intel Pentium, Atom, Xeon or newer; AMD Duron, Athlon, Sempron, Opteron or newer;
· Minimum 512 MB of RAM;
· Minimum 3 GB of free hard drive space;
· A graphics card capable of 3D hardware acceleration.
Download the Cr OS Linux 2.4.1290 Live DVD right now from Softpedia.