Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the latest entry in the online multiplayer shooter series from Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment, has just received a new update that tweaks some pistols, including the popular Deagle and Glock, while adding new settings for the matchmaking system and fixing different glitches.
Counter-Strike games have entertained tens of millions of shooter fans for many years and the latest iteration, Global Offensive, has managed to get lots of veterans back into the game, while attracting new players.
Since its original release in August of last year, Valve and Hidden Path have released all sorts of updates
for the game, which added new features, tweaked different mechanics and, like with any patch, solved various bugs, glitches, and exploits.
The latest update has just been released on the PC, via Steam, and it changes quite a few things by implementing tweaks for the Deagle and Glock pistols, while adding new matchmaking options and solving different bugs.
Check out the full list of changes below, via Steam
"- Deagle: increased effective range.
- P250: reduced effective range.
- Glock: increased recoil on burst.
- Added a community dedicated server convar "sv_workshop_allow_other_maps". When this option is enabled and the server is idling empty, it will allow players to reserve it on another workshop map. Server will then download the other workshop map and let players play it, after the map ends the players will mapcycle into workshop collection hosted by the server.
- Added a game setting 'Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping' to allow users in geographic locations far from official datacenters to find games via matchmaking without using developer's console.
- Servers starting to host a workshop collection will no longer show up as running de_dust.
- Added convar mp_death_drop_c4 that determines whether C4 is droppable.
- Fixed not being able to drop C4 in Demolition mode.
- Added display of public joinable games in maps workshop browser.
- Fixed dead players getting a network update that showed their dead icon position at the position of the player they jumped to spectate right after dying
- Fixed mapcycle problems when the server was playing a map outside of active mapgroup or collection.
- Workshop maps no longer show "workshop" prefix on master server and official maps show "official" instead of map id when played as part of hosted workshop collection.
- Fixed the post processing effects (like blur) persisting through a level change to the new map if the new map does not contain a postprocess_controller entity.
- Fixed some sv convars so they can be executed via map cfg files
- Fixed the regular radar images not showing on the loading screen for workshop/custom maps
- Fixed an interpolation exploit with bogus update rates.
- Fixed a regression where old protobuf demo files failed to play. All protobuf demos should be playable again.
- Maps that are newly subscribed are now highlighted as NEW in the UI."
The new update is already live on Steam and should be automatically downloaded the next time you start up the service's client.