The multiplayer-only shooter has been updated on Steam
Valve has just updated Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on the PC and Mac platforms, adding some much needed enhancements to the multiplayer shooter, while reducing its actual size from 6GB to 4.8GB.Counter-Strike: Global Offensive came out back in August and succeeded in delivering a multiplayer first-person shooter experience reminiscent of the classic Counter-Strike games that became so popular in the 2000s.
Since then, Valve and developer Hidden Path Entertainment have released a variety of updates for the PC and Mac versions of the title, fixing issues, adding features, and making plenty of changes.
The latest patch is now live on Valve’s Steam service and includes all sorts of enhancements, both to the actual game and to the GOTV feature, which allows others to spectate during matches.
A major improvement brought by the patch is the reduction of the game’s actual size from 6GB to 4.8GB by repacking certain content.
Check out the full list of changes included in the latest patch for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive below, via Steam.
[ GOTV ]
- As a GOTV client spectator, the flangbang effect from first person is now reduced a bit and there is now text that says "(BLINDED)"
- Fixed overhead targetIDs not showing sometimes when spectating with XRay mode on.
- Added a convar "cl_teamid_overhead_maxdist_spec" that can set the max distance overhead TargetIDs will show up when spectating
- Changed player target selection input from hardcoded number keys to keys bound to "slotN" commands.
- Changed X-Ray toggle key from hardcoded 'X' to whatever is bound for "radio2", which defaults to 'X'.
- Fixed health/armor/ammo of the spectated target not being displayed as a GOTV client.
- Made bomb visible in GOTV clients' map overview at all times.
- Fixed money not showing up in GOTV scoreboard for either teams.
- Fixed flashbang effect flash retriggering when changing spectator target.
- Fixed missing winpanel when GOTV spectating.
- Revised GOTV autodirector behavior.
[ MISC ]
- Repacked content to reduce CS:GO disk usage from 6GB to 4.8GB.
- Implemented separate sound for distant grenade explosions to make the distance easier to gauge. Sound crossfades near and distance sound between 800 and 2800 units.
- Reduced audible distance of scope zoom.
- Fixed Terrorists getting loser bonus payout for running down the clock. Now Terrorists get no income if the round timer runs out.
- Armor Penetration is now shown for weapons in the buy menu.
- 3rd person and first person default duck speed has been slightly increased.
- Tapping the duck key frequently in short intervals will cause your duck to slow, but cools down very fast.
- Smoke grenade visibility inside a smoke has been reduced to give less advantage to players inside and more to players outside.
- Design change for win panel and alert messages.
- Fixed a case of loss of mouse and keyboard input.
- Server browser filter settings are now saved.
- Fire devices have been modified ( Molotovs and incendiary grenades ):
- Fire can now be extinguished by smoke grenades and deployed smokes now deny fire device detonation and spreading.
- Fire now spreads a bit faster and not quite as far.
- Fire "tagging" slowdown has been removed.
- Adjusted fire armor penetration value.
- Design changes for Scoreboard
- Added team names to scoreboard.
- Made score more prominent.
- Win banner states are now team specific.
- Server log changes:
- Added xyz coordinates to messages.
- Added nade messages.
- Added team change messages.
- Added 'assist' messages.
- Big Picture Support
- Fixed not being able to dismiss server browser dialog with controller.
- Added ability to disable all controllers.
The new update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive can now be downloaded via Steam for PC and Mac.