Conrad Murray Found Guilty of Michael Jackson's Death
Jury rules personal physician is guilty of involuntary manslaughter, sentencing pending
After 6 very exhausting weeks, when the final days of singer Michael Jackson were reconstructed and played out in court, his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.The two videos below, embedded at the end of the article, show Murray being read the jury verdict and then being escorted out of the courtroom in handcuffs.
He's with the Sheriff's Department right now, awaiting sentencing. His next court date is set for November 29, when he will receive sentence, which could be up to 4 years in jail.
While it's to be expected for his attorneys to file for appeal, the world now knows that justice has finally been served, since a court of law has ruled that Murray is responsible for the singer's death, as TMZ also points out.
“Dr. Conrad Murray has been found GUILTY of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. After the verdict was read, you can hear La Toya Jackson and Kathy Hilton cry,” the e-zine writes.
“Jurors came back with the verdict moments ago after a grueling 6-week trial, finding prosecutors proved beyond a reasonable doubt... Dr. Murray is responsible for MJ's death,” TMZ adds.
“Murray faces up to 4 years behind bars, but the reality is he will not go to state prison because of a new law, and will likely serve his time in L.A. County Jail,” adds the same media outlet.
In a statement released by the Jackson family to the media, Katherine and Joe Jackson, Michael's parents, say the family is happy that the person responsible for Michael's death has finally been brought to justice.
“Justice has finally been served. We have been waiting for this moment for a very long time and we couldn't hold back tears of joy in the courtroom. Even though nothing can bring back our son, justice has finally been served!” Katherine and Joe say in the statement.
“We can’t wait to go home and share this day with Michael’s children,” they add in the same statement.
Michael Jackson died in 2009 after an overdose of Propofol, which Dr. Murray administered to him trying to get him to sleep, along with many other drugs.