Coca-Cola Killed Mother of Eight, Coroner Finds

The 30-year-old woman's soda addiction eventually proved deadly

A recent coroner's report states that, by the looks of it, Coca-Cola played a major part in the death of a 30-year-old mother of eight named Natasha Harris.

Despite the fact that the woman's death occurred back in February 2010, it took a while for all the required medical investigations to be conducted and for the coroner to reach this conclusion.

At the time of this mother's passing away in the aftermath of a cardiac arrest, the Coca-Cola Company denied all accusations and argued that, soda addiction aside, their beverage could not in any way be held accountable for this tragedy.

Still, sources report that the coroner in charge of investigating her death wished to make it quite clear that, “I find that, when all of the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died.”

Information made available to the general public by Christopher Hodgkinson, the woman's partner, says that Natasha was addicted to this beverage, meaning that she used to drink roughly ten liters of it on a daily basis.

Specialists explain that, given Coca Cola's make-up, this translated into the woman's ingesting twice as much caffeine as her body would have been able to handle, and into her forcing her body to process roughly one kilogram of sugar.

As Christopher Hodginson told members of the press, “She had no energy and was feeling sick all the time ... She would get up and vomit in the morning. She would get moody and get headaches if she didn't have any Coke and also feel low in energy.”

On the other hand, the Coca-Cola company decided to stand its ground and argued that, “The Coroner acknowledged that he could not be certain what caused Ms Harris' heart attack. Therefore we are disappointed that the Coroner has chosen to focus on the combination of Ms Harris' excessive consumption of Coca-Cola, together with other health and lifestyle factors, as the probable cause of her death.”

Hot right now  ·  Latest news