Steven Shiau announced earlier today, January 18th, the immediate availability of a new stable release of his system-cloning Linux distribution, Clonezilla Live 1.2.6-59.
Clonezilla Live 1.2.6-59 is powered by Linux kernel 2.6.32-30, and it introduces a couple of important bugfixes, as well as many enhancements and changes.
"This release of Clonezilla live includes major enhancements, changes and bug fixes." - said Steven Shiau in the official release announcement.
Highlights of Clonezilla LiveCD 1.2.6-59:
· Based on Debian Sid (2011/Jan/13);
· Updated Linux kernel to version 2.6.32-30;
· Updated Live-boot to version 2.0.14-1.drbl1;
· Updated live-config to version 2.0.14-1.drbl2;
· Updated the language files;
· Added the option "-q1" (to force the use of dd) in the expert mode of Clonezilla, in order to achive device to device cloning. This is very useful if someone wants to clone an encrypted hard drive partition;
· Added another example custom-ocs-2 that can be used to restore and save a dual boot system;
· The "ocs-live-dev -s -d /dev/sda1" command failed to copy files to the (/dev/sda1) output dev. This has been fixed;
· The image repository can now be forced to unmount before shutdowning/rebooting Clonezilla live;
· Fixed the "-j2" option because it didn't work when restoreparts was used.
The Clonezilla LiveCD is a minimal Linux distribution based on Partition Image, ntfsclone, DRBL and udpcast. It allows you to massively clone computers simultaneously. Unlike the Ghost for Unix/Linux LiveCDs (G4L/G4U), Clonezilla saves and restores only used blocks in the hard drives, which increases the clone efficiency. The Clonezilla LiveCD was born to bring more power and competence to your hard disk partitioning and cloning tasks.
Clonezilla LiveCD supports the following filesystems: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs, fat16, fat32, ntfs and hfs+. Therefore, you can clone Linux, Microsoft Windows and even Intel-based Apple Mac operating systems. For other filesystems, Clonezilla uses dd to dump the whole partition.
Download Clonezilla LiveCD 1.2.6-59 right now from Softpedia.