Cinnarch a modern, elegant and powerful operating system based on Arch Linux, is now at version 2012.10.01.According to the developer, Cinnarch 2012.11.22 has become stable enough to enter the beta stage of development. There are quite some changes from the previous versions, not to mention that a few applications were dropped altogether.
Cinnarch 2012.11.22 is based on Linux kernel 3.6.6, one of the most recent stable kernels released, and it comes with Cinnamon 1.6.7 desktop environment and GNOME 3.6.2.
[admark=1]Highlights of Cinnarch 2012.11.22:
• Users now have multilingual access from the boot menu in syslinux and it was redesigned (based on Manjaro’s work);
• The available installation languages are English, Spanish, Galician; and German;
• A multilingual welcome message now greets the users at startup;
• The ALSA channels are no longer muted and work properly;
• The screenshot button has been repaired and now it works properly;
• Much needed support for USB modems and VPN (virtual private network) on networkmanager has been added;
• Nemo is now the new Cinnarch’s default file manager, as chosen by the community;
• Default folders for Downloads, Desktop, Images, and so on, have been implemented;
• Support for VIA graphic cards has been implemented;
• The missing dosfstools have been installed on Cinnarch Live;
• The option to install GRUB2 or any UEFI bootloader is now provided to the user;
• Lightdm has replaced lightdm-ubuntu as the default login manager;
• Pantheon-greeter has replaced unity-greeter;
• A Cinnarch mirrorlist has been added. Now cinnarch repos can have different mirrors too;
• A new Libreoffice installer, made by Almin Soft, is now available;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.6.6;
• xorg-server has been updated to version 1.13.0
The developer also issues an advisory note. “The lightdm-ubuntu and lightdm-unity-greeter packages, as well as any of their dependencies that will no longer be necessary, will be dropped from the cinnarch-repo,” reads the announcement.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Cinnarch 2012.10.01 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.