Shortly after Google launched the Beta channel for Chrome for Android devices, developers pushed a new update for the application in the Google Play Store.The next version of Chrome Beta for Android brings lots of bugs fixes, though there are quite a high number of known issues left that need to be fixed in future updates.
According to the official changelog, the following problems have been ironed out, so expect fewer random crashes and freezes under certain circumstances:
- Edit Bookmark is broken;
- Youtube video controls are lost after returning from fullscreen;
- Some Samsung Galaxy S II freezes;
- Double tapping on non-zoomable sites scrolls the page to the top briefly before returning to original position;
- Sometimes tabswitcher is frozen;
- Tab content stretched out while returning to it through side swipe gesture;
- Crash - Stack Signature: TabAndroidImpl::FromWebContents;
- Sync signed in info text's font size is too small;
- Bookmark star icon doesn't turn grey/white immediately after bookmarking URL /deleting URL from bookmarks.
Aside from improvements and bug fixes, Google also published the list of known issues that are still affecting Chrome Beta for Android users. These known issues are detailed below:
- Performance is sluggish, noticeably on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S;
- Frequent freeze on devices with specific versions of Qualcomm GPU driver;
- Text autosizing may break formatting on some sites;
- Video continues playing after exiting fullscreen on android phones;
- [HTC Droid DNA] Getting crash on tabswitcher mode;
- yahoo.com page links are not working;
- Cannot submit comments on facebook posts or pictures;
- Text handler jumps or disappears when moving;
- iframe scrolling broken;
- Tap disambiguation overaggressive;
- Flickering while opening new tab.
Chrome Beta 25.0.1364.33 is now available as a free download via Google Play Store and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 4.0 and up. Check it out here.