The latest version of this famous popular partitioning and rescue environment is out
Parted Magic, an operating system which employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful software, is now at version 2013.05.01.According to the developers, Parted Magic 2013.05.01 is the biggest and the most ambitious release ever made.
Parted Magic OS makes use of software such as Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc.
It's also quite versatile and it supports most of the file system format out there: btrfs, exfat, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, and zfs.
Highlights of Parted Magic 2013.05.01:
• The developers have improved EFI booting support from CDROM;
• The Erase Disk function now has a new menu, with translations;
• f2fs-tools has been added and users can now create a f2fs partition with Gparted;
• A new “forcevesa” kernel command line option has been added;
• The Parted Magic Wipe Free Space GUI has been translated in multiple languages;
• A simple GTK+ GUI has been created for chntpw. Changing Windows passwords has become a lot easier;
• Xorg Server has been updated to version 1.14.1 and it features all the latest Xorg drivers;
• SpaceFM can be used now to drag and drop icons to the desktop or /root/Desktop folders;
• SpaceFM has been added to the right click “Open” menu, making easier to edit files directly;
• A new program called USB Boot Flash has been written to help prepare USB drives for booting Parted Magic;
• Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 20.0.1;
• A new program called “Parted Magic Mount” has been introduced and the fstab daemon has been completely redesigned;
• Clonezilla has been updated to version 3.3.10 and DRBL to version 2.3.10.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download Parted Magic 2013.05.01 right now from Softpedia.