One woman in Massachusetts recently received some very disturbing news: her cat was euthanized by mistake after having been left with a clinic in order to receive flea treatment.
Apparently, Colleen Conlon's son signed the wrong paperwork when he left the pet with the veterinarians and went home to bring in for treatment the other cat the family owned.
Thus, when Jessie returned with the second cat, he asked if Lady was done with her treatment and could be taken home. To his surprise, Dr. Muhammad Mali inquired whether or not he wanted to keep the body.
“I thought it was a cruel joke. It was like a blank stare back at each other for the first 10 seconds, then he immediately grabbed the papers I thought were registration forms and told me I had signed the papers,” Jessie told members of the press
As was to be expected, Colleen Conlon filed a complaint with the authorities, hoping that both the clinic and the vet who was supposed to be looking after Lady would answer for their negligence.