After a few technical problems, Treyarch, the developer of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, has confirmed that the full version of the new update for the Nintendo Wii U version of the game has been released for that platform.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 received a lot of new content and updates in the last few weeks, as developer Treyarch released the Revolution DLC on the Xbox 360
, as well as different patches across the PS3
or Xbox 360
Now, after releasing a faulty update for Black Ops 2 on the Wii U, the studio has confirmed that a new version of the patch is now live on the platform that should fix a variety of bugs and not cause new ones, like the previous edition.
Check out some of the biggest Wii U-specific glitches and issues addressed by the new update below, via
the official Call of Duty forums.
"Wii U Specific Issues Addressed/Features
- Home Button Menu is now available in Multiplayer and Zombies when not in-game
- Send text messages from the lobby and friend list menus
- Wii Remote Changes
- Improved presets
- Buffed aim assist
Wii Remote Bug Fixes
- Jittery movement
- Unable to turn when crouched/prone with a scoped weapon on Wii Remote
- Hybrid optic attachment stopped working after ADS on Wii Remote
- Guardian and Turret unmovable when weapon pickup option is set to inventory button
- Reticle disappearing during EMP
- Hunter Killer Drone does not fire in reticle direction
- Crash in Strike Force tutorial
- Lodestar score streak is hard to control (it now uses the control stick)."
Besides these improvements, the update also brings the game up to speed with all of the various general enhancements that already appeared for the game on the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.