After releasing a big patch on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms earlier this week, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 developer Treyarch has also released a special update on the PC platform that brings improvements to the multiplayer and Zombies modes, as well as to the matchmaking system in particular.Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was released back in November and, since then, millions of players have engaged in its top-notch multiplayer mode, either in the competitive one or the cooperative Zombies experience.
In order to keep things as trouble-free as possible, developer Treyarch has released a variety of updates for the game across the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U platforms.
The latest update has just hit the PC version in two waves, one aimed at the multiplayer and Zombies modes, and one aimed at the matchmaking system.
Check out the contents of the two incremental updates below, via the Call of Duty forums.
Improvements to the Matchmaking System- Replaced ping bars with ping numbers.
- Players can set maximum ping in the matchmaking search preferences.
Update for Multiplayer and ZombiesFeature Improvements
- Party Members now appear on the mini map as purple when colorblind assist is turned on.
- Added hint text tool tips for map voter buttons.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed- Fixed an issue where players could lose functionality and have a blurry screen after viewing a Gamer Card during the round-ending killcam at the end of the first round of a round-based game.
- Addressed an issue where the player's EMP grenade blast would cancel out the effects of an enemy's EMP.
- Players will no longer fly into the air when knife lunging other players on certain types of inclines.
- Fixed an issue with the Skulls Camo Challenge for the RPG unlocking by using other weapons in conjunction with the RPG.
- Addressed an issue with taking control of an AGR while next to a friendly player causing loss of functionality for firing rockets.
- Resolved an issue where spectating would default to 3rd person even though it had been disabled if the player was previously spectating in 3rd person.
- Resolved an issue with dog spawns in Slums.
- Addressed an issue where players could not link their Twitch account in the Multiplayer Party Lobby Options menu.
- Fixed an issue where the player may not die by the train running over them in Express.
- Players can no longer set their Clan Tag in non-Public Match lobbies if they haven't reached the unlock level for the Clan Tag feature.
- Players with Level 1 profiles will now see their XP bonus in the After Action Report after a League Play match.
- Resolved an issue where the damage feedback sound was not occurring for the Combat Axe or cluster bomb from the Hellstorm Missile.
- Addressed an issue where the UAV Scorestreak was not being called in for Multi-Team Hardcore matches.
- Addressed an issue where the mini map for tablet Scorestreaks would not appear on the tablet under certain round transition conditions.
- Resolved an issue with care packages bouncing unusually high.
- Addressed an issue where players with the Riot Shield could survive dog attacks while prone with the Riot Shield on their back.
- Rapidly pressing the Swap Weapons button no longer inverts the player model’s left hand with the M8A1 equipped.
- Resolved an issue where the lobby score for the winner of a Gun Game match didn’t match the ending score of the match.
- Players can now earn the Thief Challenge if they use Black Hat to steal an enemy care package.
- Resolved an issue where the Equipment statistics for the Smoke Grenade were not accurately reflecting in the Combat Record what was achieved in game.
- Addressed an issue with the wrong map appearing in theater lobbies.
- Fixed the team filter in highlight reels for FFA games.
- Fixed issues with the clicking on multiple items while in the Combat Record.
- Addressed issue with not being able to use select fire when having select fire on the same weapon in another class.
- Fixed an issue with the scroll bar in the Calling Cards Menu.
Gameplay Balancing- Adjusted the red flash damage indicator when using the Toughness Perk.
- Reduced Guardian damage in Hardcore modes.
Zombies Issues Addressed- Disappearing fog addressed in Theater Mode when flying through the laboratory in Tranzit.
- Players will no longer be given momentary control of a character before being put into spectator mode when Hot Joining a Custom Game on Nuketown.
- Player names will now appear above players when in spectate mode upon hot joining a custom Grief game mode.
- Addressed several locations where players can survive a landing in unplayable space.
- Resolved several instances where players could avoid Zombie attacks by hiding in objects around Tranzit
- Addressed an issue with taking screenshots in Theater mode
- Addressed issues with the Buildables system
- Addressed issues where players would say the wrong dialogue
The new patch will be automatically downloaded via Steam the next time you start up the service's client.