Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the best selling game of 2012 in the UK, as a new top posted by GfK Chart-Track puts the first-person shooter ahead of FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3, or Halo 4.
Black Ops 2 came out in November and quickly sold millions of copies all around the world, even if some analysts mentioned that its performance doesn't surpass that of the previous entry in the series, Modern Warfare 3.
Now, GfK Chart-Track has posted a list of the best selling games of the year in the UK, based on data from retail stores.
Black Ops 2 leads the pack, followed by FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and Hitman: Absolution.
Check out the full top of the 20 best-selling games in the UK in 2012 below, via MCV.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Activision
2. FIFA 13 - Electronic Arts
3. Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft
4. Halo 4 - Microsoft
5. Hitman Absolution - Square Enix
6. Just Dance 4 - Ubisoft
7. Far Cry 3 - Ubisoft
8. FIFA 12 - Electronic Arts
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Bethesda
10. Borderlands 2 - 2K Games
11. Mass Effect 3 - Electronic Arts
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Warner Bros
13. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Electronic Arts
14. FIFA Street - Electronic Arts
15. Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympic Games
16. Skylanders Giants - Activision
17. Battlefield 3 - Electronic Arts
18. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Activision
19. Max Payne 3 - Rockstar
20. Sleeping Dogs - Square Enix
As you can see, the top 7 comprises of games that appeared in the last few months of the year, so it's quite an achievement.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Beats FIFA 13 as the Best Selling Game of 2012 in the UK
The shooter also beats Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, or Hitman: Absolution
... so hot right now