Calibre 1.20 Is the Ultimate eBook Reader and Editor
The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 1.20 of eBook reader and management software Calibre has been released and comes with more tools and new features.According to the developers, a new tool has been added to automatically arrange all files in the book into folders based on their type. This function can be accessed via Tools->Arrange into folders.
Also, various validity checks for OPF files have been implemented when running the Check Book tool. According to the developer, the tool checks for incorrect idrefs, missing required sections, non-linear items in the spine, incorrect meta cover tags, duplicated items in the manifest or spine, and so on.
A number of other features have been implemented. For example, the application now checks for duplicate ids in the HTML/OPF/NCX files and for filenames containing URL unsafe characters to the Check Book tool.
Highlights of Calibre 1.20:
• The application now allows users to get text for entries in the Table of Contents from tag attributes;
• When converting EPUB files that include an HTML titlepage and no external cover is specified, ensure that the Go to cover action on the Kindle goes to the cover image and not the HTML titlepage;
• Setting an incorrect value for compression quality in the wireless driver no longer causes an error;
• A busy cursor is now shown while Calibre is working on matching books on the device to books in the library;
• When trying to send multiple books to iTunes, the application will try several times if it fails at first.
A lot more information can be found in the complete announcement, and you can also check out our review of Calibre.
Keep in mind that, if you want to compile the software yourself, you will need GLIBC 2.10 or higher, and xdg-utils and Python ≥ 2.6 installed (3.x will not work). More details about the required dependencies can be found on the official website.
Download Calibre 1.20 for Linux
Download Calibre 1.20 for Windows
Download Calibre 1.20 for Mac OS
HOT RIGHT NOW