The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
The 1.13 version of the eBook reader and management software Calibre has been announced on November 29.Calibre 1.13 is not a major release in the series, but it does come with a few new options that should prove very useful for people with large libraries.
“Facilitate editing the authors for books that have a large number of authors, by using a dedicated ‘Edit authors’ tool, which you can launch by right clicking the authors in the edit metadata dialog and selecting ‘Edit authors’,” reads the official changelog.
Also, specifying shorthand properties in the filter CSS is now working properly. According to the developer, all shorthand properties now automatically filter out all the properties.
Highlights of Calibre 1.13:
• Support has been added for the new Kobo firmware version 3.0.11;
• The metadata is now cached on a per device basis, for the wireless device driver. This method now allows the use of different cover thumbnail sizes on different devices and it will force the devices to resend all metadata the first time they connect after this upgrade;
• The code for metadata download has been updated to get covers via Google Image search;
• The thumbnail in the device metadata cache is now updated when matching the books;
• A regression in the previous release that broke the Kobo third-party plugins has been fixed.
A lot more information can be found in the complete announcement, and you can also check out our review of Calibre.
Keep in mind that, if you want to compile the software yourself, you will need GLIBC 2.10 or higher, and xdg-utils and python ≥ 2.6 installed (3.x will not work). More details about the required dependencies can be found on the official website.
Download Calibre 1.13 for Linux
Download Calibre 1.13 for Windows
Download Calibre 1.13 for Mac OS