Version 0.9.7 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on November 23, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you have an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader, that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
As usual, Calibre comes with a lot of new changes, but also various improvements for the ebook viewer and for the metadata dialog.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.7:
• The size of the current book cover is now shown in the edit metadata dialog;
• Searching by title and author, in addition to any keyword, is now allowed, preventing a large numbers of spurious matches;
• An option to automatically convert any added book to the current output format, has been added. This option can be found under Preferences->Adding books;
• Users can now view tables in a separate popup window by right clicking on the table and selecting 'View table.' This feature can be useful for reference books that have lots of large tables;
• The current library name has been added as an available field, when generating catalogs in csv/xml format;
• An option to hide the help message when entering full screen mode has been added for the Ebook viewer;
• An option to always start the viewer in full screen mode has been added;
• Searching a selected word or phrase in Google, via the context menu, is now allowed in full screen mode for the Ebook viewer;
• A new type of FileType plugin, postimport, that runs after a book has been added to the database, has been added.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.7 right now from Softpedia.