The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.18 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on February 8, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you have an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader, that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
As usual, Calibre comes with some changes, this time with improvements for the metadata entries and for the PDF output engine.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.18:
• Edelweiss, a catalog of books that is updated directly by publishers, has been added. To enable it, go to Preferences->Metadata download and enable the Edelweiss plugin;
• An option to add extra spacing between rows in the book list has been added;
• A 'days ago' condition has been added and it's usable with columns that store dates to set colors/icons, based on the number of days before the current one;
• The shortcuts Ctrl+= and Ctrl+- were added to increase/decrease text size;
• When showing possible duplicates after adding books, the application now also shows the file formats;
• A driver for Trekstor Ventos Tablet has been made available;
• When transliterating unicode characters, handle « and » correctly;
• Adding books from multiple directories, with multiple books per directory, is now possible;
• Download metadata window is now resizable on smaller screens;
• When rebuilding azw3 files the application now handles <a> tags that have name, but not an id attribute;
• A regression in advanced column color rules has been fixed;
• VICE Magazine Deutschland and Libertad Digital have been added as news sources;
• Various news source were improved, including El Mundo today, fluter.de, Birmingham Post, Japan Times, The Toronto Star, Le Monde, and Globe and Mail.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.18 right now from Softpedia.