The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.17 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on February 1, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you have an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader, that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
As usual, Calibre comes with some changes, this time with improvements for the metadata entries and for the PDF output engine.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.17:
• Adding user specified icons to the main book list, for books whose metadata matches specific criteria, is now allowed. Go to Preferences->Look & Feel->Column icons to setup these icons. They work in the same way as the column coloring rules;
• Users can now choose which page of a PDF document they can to use as the cover (to access this functionality add the PDF to calibre then click the edit metadata button);
• An option to turn off reflections in the cover browser has been added (Preferences->Look & Feel->Cover Browser);
• An option to add page numbers to the bottom of every page in the generated PDF file has been added (look in the PDF Output section of the conversion dialog);
• The full item name has been added to the tool tip of a leaf item displayed in the tag browser;
• Out-of-bounds data causing errors in the Tag Browser have been fixed;
• Input documents that use multiple prefixes referring to the XHTML namespace correctly are handled properly;
• A regression that caused some SVG images to be rendered as black rectangles in the PDF output;
• Only normalize title case if the result has no language set or its language is English.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.17 right now from Softpedia.