The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.16 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on January 18, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you have an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader, that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.16:
• The application no longer converts all downloaded images to JPG format. This fixes the problem of PNG images with transparent backgrounds being rendered with black backgrounds.
• A hierarchical table of contents is now supported. An inline table of contents is no longer generated when a metadata table of contents is present. Also, the text in the table of contents is now correctly decoded;
• The beam-ebooks.de store has been added to Calibre;
• Make custom yes/no columns using icons put text values under the icons;
• Drivers for LG E400 and SayCoolA710 have been implemented;
• The device connection has been sped when there are lots of books on the device, by not generating cover thumbnails unless they are actually needed;
• The metadata download dialog now remembers its last used size;
• Deleting a custom column that was used in a column coloring rule makes the column coloring preferences panel unusable, now works properly;
• Caches are now stored outside the config directory for non-portable calibre installs;
• Don't crash if the user has a font on his system that is missing the OS/2 table.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.16 right now from Softpedia.