The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.15 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on January 18, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you have an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader, that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
As usual, Calibre comes with some changes, this time with improvements for the Linux MTP driver and for the content server.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.15:
• The application can now detect devices that have MTP interfaces, even if their USB ids are not known;
• Picking a random book by clicking the 'Random book' link on the start page is now allowed. Users can also refresh the random book page to get a new random book.
• An option to hide the toolbars in the viewer window (Preferences->Miscellaneous->Show controls in the viewer preferences) has been added. Users can revert the changes by right clicking in the viewer window;
• The Kobo's driver initial connect has been sped up by avoiding an unnecessary update of the series metadata in some situations;
• The store plugins can be dynamically loaded so that future website changes of a store will not require a Calibre update to fix Get Books;
• Always replace file when resending a previously sent book to the device, even if the title/author have changed;
• PocketBook Pro 912 driver has been added;
• When creating/exporting epub and mobi files, add the calibre book identifier as a special field in the book's metadata. This allows third-party tools to identify the book record in calibre to which the file belongs;
• Support for using the book uuid as the filename has been added.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.15 right now from Softpedia.