Also, support for Amazon Brazil was added to the application
Version 0.9.12 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on December 28, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you own an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
As we get closer to version 1.0, the number of changes and new features in the new releases have grown thin. Either that, or everybody has left for the holiday and the developer has been left to hold the fort alone.
The latest version of Calibre has just got a handful of fixes, and a few of the news sources received various updates.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.12:
• Drivers for the Kibano e-reader and the Slick ER-700-2 device have been added to the application;
• Support for downloading metadata from Amazon Brazil has been added;
• Specifying the destination library by path is now allowed when copying to the library;
• Setting the series of a new book is now allowed, even when added empty book. The application also selects the newly added book records;
• A checkbox to override the page size defined by the output profile has been added to the PDF Output function. This will allow users to specify a custom page size even if the output profile is not set to default;
• USB ids have been added for the newer Kindle Fire, to the linux mtp driver;
• stdout has been temporarily redirected to get rid of the annoying and pointless message about mtpz during the libmtp initialization;
• Multiple 'All column' coloring rules were not being applied correctly.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.12 right now from Softpedia.