Calibre 0.9.11 Improves Kindle Fire HD Connectivity
The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.11 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on December 21, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you own an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
The end of the year is nigh and there aren't too many changes implemented in this latest version of Calibre. The only noteworthy updates have to do with the interaction of the software with Kindle Fire HD or the Nook HD.
The latest version of Calibre has just got a handful of fixes, and a few of the news sources received various updates.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.11:
• When connecting to MTP devices such as the Kindle Fire HD or the Nook HD, the process has been sped up by ignoring some folders. The application will now ignore folders for music, video, pictures, etc. when scanning the device. The list of folders to be ignored can be customized by right clicking on the device icon in calibre and selecting 'Configure this device';
• Changing the icons for categories in the Tag Browser is now allowed. Users can Right click on a category and choose 'Change category icon';
• Setting the color of all columns, with a single rule in Preferences->Look & Feel->Column Coloring, is now possible;
• When reading metadata from mobi files, put the contents of the ASIN field into an identifier named mobi-asin;
• Workaround for invalid shelves created by bugs in the Kobo server have been fixed;
• The cover downloading function, from non-US amazon sites, was previously broken by a website change.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.11 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW