Version 0.9.10 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on November 14, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you own an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
The developer of Calibre has started to implement less and less fixes and is just concentrating on updating the drives and the features which were already implemented.
User have to know that Calibre can be enhanced with a lot of plugins that expand the features of the vanilla version.
Softpedia has a dedicated download section for all the plugins that can be installed in Calibre and we are updating them on a regular basis, at the latest versions.
A lot of the available plugins add metadata sources, but others provide interesting functionalities such as counting pages or searching for the ISBN number.
The latest version of Calibre has just got a handful of fixes, and a few of the news sources received various updates.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.10:
• Drivers for Nextbook Premium 8 se, HTC Desire X and Emerson EM 543 have been added to Calibre;
• Rich text delegate not working with Qt compiled in debug mode has been fixed;
• When the user is deleting all the books in the library, the application blanks the book details panel;
• Malformed values in the bgcolor attribute, which caused the conversion to abort, has been repaired;
• The heuristics feature was applying an incorrect style in some circumstances;
• Sivil Dusunce, Anchorage Daily News, Le Monde, and Harpers news sources have been updated and should work properly.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.10 right now from Softpedia.