Version 0.8.49 of the e-book reader and management software Calibre has been announced today, April 27th, with some important new features and fixes.
Calibre 0.8.49 doesn't has a lot of changes, but it does come with a very important driver for Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light. Highlights of Calibre 0.8.49:
• Experimental support for generating Amazon's new KF8 format MOBI files was added;
• Upgrade to using cssutils 0.9.9 for CSS parsing;
• A cover size in a tooltip in the conversion dialog is now shown;
• Driver for Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light was added;
• A tooltip not being updated in the book details panel when pasting in a new cover was repaired;
• Fix heuristics not removing unnecessary hyphens from the end of lines..
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement
. Download Calibre 0.8.49
right now from Softpedia. Follow us on Google+