Calculator Toolbox Updated to 2.0 on Windows Phone 8
It should go live in the Windows Phone Store in a matter of days
Windows Phone 8 users will soon be able to download and install on their devices a new flavor of the Calculator Toolbox for Microsoft’s mobile operating system, namely version 2.0.All those who are in need of a simple application on their devices to help them with their calculations should take the app for a spin.
It can be found in the official Windows Phone Store (as version 1.12) in two different flavors, one of which is free for everyone to try. The other can be seen on this page, priced at only $0.99, with no ads included. The new app iteration will arrive in the storefront in a couple of days.
The app was designed with thirty-five different calculators packed inside, put together in no less than six different categories.
As WPCentral notes, there is the traditional styled calculator, one calculator that can help you determine discounts, another aimed at determining Adult BMI (Body Mass Index), six different mortgage calculators, and others more.
The latest flavor of the mobile application arrives on devices with a series of optimizations for the Windows Phone 8 operating system, as well as with other enhancements.
The release notes for Calculator Toolbox 2.0 include:
- Supports Enhanced Voice commands
- Supports Text-to-speech. Can enable/disable through settings page.
- Supports all three Screen resolutions
- Main App Tile supports all three Windows Phone live tile sizes and secondary tile supports medium and small tile sizes
- Improved Help section
- Ability to display "Favorites" in a horizontal or vertical view through settings page
- Ability to search Saved Mortgages, Auto Loans and Auto Leases
- Added Sales Tax deduction for Trade-In to the Auto Loan and Lease calculators
Apparently, the new flavor of the mobile application was built with a completely new database when compared to the previous version.
This means that users won’t be able to import saved mortgages, auto loans and auto leases to the new app. However, a future update should bring along the ability to back up saved data to SkyDrive, it seems.
HOT RIGHT NOW