Calculate Linux, an optimized distribution designed for rapid deployment in corporate environment that's based on the Gentoo project and includes numerous pre-configured functions, is now at version 13.
Calculate Linux is actually a collection of distributions with very specific functions, different flavors, and different user base.
Users can choose between Calculate Linux Desktop featuring either KDE (CLD), GNOME (CLDG) or XFCE (CLDX), Calculate Directory Server (CDS) for server solutions, Calculate Media Center (CMC) should you need any, and scratch versions for those preferring minimal installations: Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS) and Calculate Scratch Server (CSS).
Highlights of Calculate Linux 13:
• Meta-packages are no longer used to manage default dependencies;
• Portage files will be unpacked when booting for the first time;
• The identification of NTFS partitions is now working better;
• The user profile configuration for Vmware has been fixed;
• Should the user want to replace main applications, the launch icons will be created correctly;
• In case the user modified the local Portage/overlay repositories, they can now be restored;
• Calculate Utilities were updated to version 3.1;
• New features were added the Calculate Console, including joining host to a Calculate Directory Server domain, configuring user sessions, changing user passwords, viewing and editing variables' values for Calculate Utilities, and world update;
• KDE was updated to version 4.9.4;
• A modified Adwaita theme is now used as the default one;
• Elementary is now provided as the default icon theme;
• GNOME was updated to version 3.4.
For more details, take a look at the official release announcement
for Calculate Linux 13.
Download Calculate Linux 13 Desktop (GNOME and KDE)
Download Calculate Linux 13 XFCE Desktop
Download Calculate Linux 13 Scratch Desktop
Download Calculate Linux 13 Directory Server
Download Calculate Linux 13 Scratch Server
Download Calculate Linux 13 Beta 1 Media Center