Cairo-Dock 3.1.2 Has Full Support for Ubuntu Indicator API, Download Now
The latest version of Cairo-Dock 3.1.2 can be downloaded from Softpedia
Cairo, a 2D graphics library with support for multiple output devices, that produces consistent output on all output media while taking advantage of display hardware acceleration when available, is now at version 3.1.2.Unlike the previous version, Cairo 3.1.2 is only a maintenance release, which means that only fixes have been implemented, with very few new features.
In any case, there are some simple installation instructions if you happen to use an Ubuntu operating system. Just enter the following commands in a terminal near you (the PPA and the repositories for Debian and Ubuntu have been updated):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ## if Cairo-Dock is already installed
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins ## if Cairo-Dock is not installed
Highlights of Cairo-Dock 3.1.2:
• Two bugs which occurred when an icon holding a modal dialog was destroyed have been fixed;
• Search for an icon path is now possible if the module gives us only the name of its icon;
• A useless static mutex has been removed;
• Threads on new versions of GLib (>= 2.24) have been initialized;
• A crash that occurred when opening the Logout menu has been fixed;
• If seconds are not shown on the clock, the applet is redrawn each time at the 00 second;
• The text is now selectable in the RSSreader dialog;
• The incorrect duration of the RSSreader dialog, when no URL/connection was present, has been fixed;
• If the music player has given a wrong .desktop filename, Cairo-Dock now checks if it's a valid name before doing something more;
• When the icon theme changes, the previous one is removed;
• Lots of corner cases (mainly for Skype) have been fixed.
• Full support of the Ubuntu indicator application API has been added;
• The GTG icons from the icon theme are used, if available.
Check out the official announcement for a complete changelog.
Download Cairo-Dock 3.1.2 right now from Softpedia.