Cairo-Dock 3.1.1 Officially Released
This is just a bug fix release, but users are advised to update as soon as possible
Cairo, a 2D graphics library with support for multiple output devices, that produces consistent output on all output media, while taking advantage of display hardware acceleration when available, is now at version 3.1.1.Just couple of weeks ago, a major Cairo release was made public and it had a lot of important features. The biggest update was a better Unity integration, with several new indicators added.
This new version, Cairo 3.1.1, is just a bug fix release, but the number of changes is staggering, especially because it was supposed be a minor update.
In any case, there are some simple installation instructions, if you happen to run an Ubuntu operating system. Just enter the following commands in a terminal near you (the PPA and the repositories for Debian and Ubuntu have been updated):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ## if Cairo-Dock is already installed
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins ## if Cairo-Dock is not installed
Highlights of Cairo-Dock 3.1.1:
• The blocking dialogue has been rewritten in order to avoid the bug with “terminal” applet;
• The right translation, for titles of all main categories and description of views, is now used;
• A crash that occurred with the icons theme when it is reloaded has been repaired;
• Icons are no longer invisible for launchers that are pinned to a given desktop;
• The Printers-Menu.conf file, needed to place this applet at the right position, has been added;
• Recent-Menu was on a wrong section after an update of the menu;
• The dock is now cleaned correctly when switching from a 'Panel' view to another one;
• Songs dropped on the icon are now properly enqueued;
• A possible crash that occurred if the removed icon was at the beginning of the list, has been repaired.
Check out the official announcement for a complete changelog.
Download Cairo-Dock 3.1.1 right now from Softpedia.