Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 Gets Details, Out Tomorrow, September 3
A new level cap, a new raid, more unlockables, and better loot are included
Borderlands 2 is set to receive its next bit of DLC tomorrow, September 3, in the form of the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, which raises the level cap to 72 and brings quite a few new things, including a fresh Digistruct Peak Challenge map.Borderlands 2 came out last year, and plenty of different downloadable content was released by developer Gearbox Software, from story-based expansions, to new characters, or an increased level cap via the first Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack.
Now, a second level cap increase is set to appear tomorrow, September 3, thanks to the eloquently named Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2.
The new DLC is set to take the level limit to 72, adding 11 more levels to the game, as well as quite a few new things, including a new map and raid mission, or bonus unlockables.
Check out a full list of the DLC's contents below, via the official website.
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge
- Raises level cap by 11, for a new level cap of 72 when combined with the first Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- A challenging new map and mission, Raid on Digistruct Peak.
- Powerful new Legendary class mods and rare Pearlescent-grade weapons.
- The ability to unlock overpowered enemies for more powerful loot.
- New heads and skins to unlock
Besides the level cap increase, the DLC will see a new raid become available, in the form of the Digistruct Peak Challenge.
"Packed full of ultra-powerful enemies, Raid on Digistruct Peak is an unrelenting gauntlet for Pandora’s toughest to prove their mettle. Those that defeat the challenge at Level 72 will earn rewards unlike anything Borderlands 2 players have seen before – most notably, the ability to wield insane loot that exceeds the Level 72 cap (imagine what the stats on a Level 80 Conference Call look like) …and face even harder foes."
The Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 is out tomorrow, September 3, for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 and costs 5 USD/EUR. It is not included in the Season Pass.