The famous convention makes a comeback after an absence last year
After taking a year off in order to focus on its ongoing projects, Blizzard has now revealed that its BlizzCon conference will make a comeback this year, taking place between November 8 and 9, 2013, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.Blizzard is one of the most popular developers out there, owning many extremely successful franchises and products.
[ADMARk=1]As a special gesture for fans, the studio organized a yearly gathering called BlizzCon, allowing people to come and try out its upcoming projects and hear more about the company's creation process.
Sadly for fans, BlizzCon wasn't held last year, as the studio wanted to focus primarily on its ongoing projects.
This year, however, the large convention will make a comeback, as Blizzard has just revealed that BlizzCon 2013 will take place between November 8 and 9, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
"BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard, said in a statement.
"Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November."
Besides meeting up with likeminded people, BlizzCon 2013 will offer attendees all sorts of great things, including the chance to play the studio's various titles and get in touch with their favorite Blizzard employees. Check out a full list of possibilities below.
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced.
More details about BlizzCon 2013, including the dates when the tickets will be put on sale, are going to be revealed in the near future.