BlackBerry OS 10.0.9 Bundle 1103 Pushed to Developers
With a BlackBerry App World rebranded to BlackBerry World
Research In Motion has just announced the availability of a new software update for the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Devices currently in the hands of developers.Released as BlackBerry OS version 10.0.9 Bundle 1103, the new platform release brings along a variety of changes, including a rebranded app storefront.
Furthermore, the previously announced changes to the app icons in the upcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system have been included in the new platform update.
The changelog for the release includes:
- BlackBerry App World storefront has been re-branded as BlackBerry World
- BlackBerry World now supports payments for apps and games, and in-app payments
- BlackBerry Hub placeholder is now available
- When you turn on Development mode on the device, a notification is sent to the Hub and an indicator light flashes
- Various updates have been made to the look and feel of UI components and the standard size for application icons.
Developers interested in learning more on the changes that were made to app icons should head over to this page on RIM’s website to read all about them in the BlackBerry 10 UI guidelines.
RIM also advises them to create a second BlackBerry ID for the Dev Alpha device, so as to make sure they do not lose BBM contacts from existing BlackBerry handsets.
Should developers use the same ID, the BBM contacts will be transferred to the Dev Alpha device and erased from the first handset, without the possibility to automatically import them back.
At the same time, the company notes that there are a series of issues that developers who own a BlackBerry 10 Development Alpha B device might encounter. You can read all about them on this page.
With roughly two months left until the BlackBerry 10 platform is officially launched, RIM appears to be making great progress towards applying the finishing touches to it. The company also announced the availability of a new developer handset, called BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C.
RIM updates BlackBerry 10 on developer handsets
HOT RIGHT NOW