Canadian mobile phone maker Research In Motion has made available for download a new flavor of its BlackBerry Mobile Fusion management software, namely version 6 Service Pack 2.
The new release arrives with a series of new features for the Universal Device Service, which should provide additional support for iOS and Android handsets.
Furthermore, the new application
version arrives with various enhancements meant to prepare enterprise users for the upcoming availability of RIM’s new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
As CrackBerry notes in a recent article
, the usability of the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion app was improved as well in the new release.
The changelog for BlackBerry Mobile Fusion 6 Service Pack 2 shows new features such as:
- Gatekeeping for Exchange ActiveSync: provides enterprises with the ability to limit access to Exchange ActiveSync to managed and compliant devices
- Support for Proxy Servers for Outgoing Connections from Universal Device Service: this improvement helps enterprises deploy the Universal Device Service in their existing IT infrastructure
- SCEP Proxy for Certificate Provisioning to Managed Devices: enterprises that want to improve security and user experience using certificate based authentication can now provision certificates to devices from an enterprise CA without the need to expose SCEP to the Internet
- Support for Android devices with Motorola EDM: the Universal Device Service configures the native PIM client on devices that support Motorola Enterprise Device Management
- More Flexible Assignment of Automated Compliance Actions: administrators now have more flexibility in assigning measures to be taken by the system for jailbreaking and app incompliance by users and user groups
The new release comes with BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Studio 6.3.0 packed inside, as well as with Universal Device Service 6.2.0 and with BlackBerry Device Service 6.1.0. Those who would like to learn more details on the management software should head over to RIM
The new BlackBerry Mobile Fusion 6 Service Pack 2 is available for download from RIM’s portal