It's been less than a week since Research In Motion (RIM) launched its new BlackBerry Voice service in the Beta Zone and the Canadian company is now introducing a new version of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM).
The new BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) 126.96.36.199 application is now available for download via Beta Zone and brings only a few new features, such as additional emoticons, Profile Configuration option to modify incoming BBM voice ring tone and personal status message “In a Voice Chat.”
However, the latest update for BBM brings a huge list of bug fixes and improvements, which are meant to enhance the BBM Voice service and make it smoother.
For those who have yet to own a valid a BlackBerry Beta Zone account, check out below some of the changes included in this update:
- BBM chats were not restored during device upgrade. User has to sign into BBID and then re-restore the chats from the backup file;
- Incoming call doesnt ring if user is in camera app;
- Speaker enabled when incoming call rejected and already on BBM Voice call;
- Messages from BBM Voice are cut off frequently;
- Device switch failed, client stuck at “Restoring BBM” state;
- After hanging up after a voice chat longer than 5 minutes, the device that did not hang up remains on the calling screen;
- With a song playing, when a user receives a BBM Voice call the music continues to play in the background of the ringtone;
- User cannot accept calls properly while content protection enabled and password locked;
- While recording a voice note, if an BBM Voice chat is initiated no audio is heard between devices;
- Avatar display picture not being updated correctly for BBM Voice calls;
- Broadcast messages are received in black text;
- Active BBM Voice calls are randomly disconnecting;
- Contacts see each other as unavailable although both are registered and can see other contacts as available.