The latest version comes with a buck load of fixes and improvements
It's been less than a week since Research In Motion (RIM) launched its new BlackBerry Voice service in the Beta Zone and the Canadian company is now introducing a new version of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM).The new BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) 18.104.22.168 application is now available for download via Beta Zone and brings only a few new features, such as additional emoticons, Profile Configuration option to modify incoming BBM voice ring tone and personal status message “In a Voice Chat.”
However, the latest update for BBM brings a huge list of bug fixes and improvements, which are meant to enhance the BBM Voice service and make it smoother.
For those who have yet to own a valid a BlackBerry Beta Zone account, check out below some of the changes included in this update:
- BBM chats were not restored during device upgrade. User has to sign into BBID and then re-restore the chats from the backup file;
- Incoming call doesnt ring if user is in camera app;
- Speaker enabled when incoming call rejected and already on BBM Voice call;
- Messages from BBM Voice are cut off frequently;
- Device switch failed, client stuck at “Restoring BBM” state;
- After hanging up after a voice chat longer than 5 minutes, the device that did not hang up remains on the calling screen;
- With a song playing, when a user receives a BBM Voice call the music continues to play in the background of the ringtone;
- User cannot accept calls properly while content protection enabled and password locked;
- While recording a voice note, if an BBM Voice chat is initiated no audio is heard between devices;
- Avatar display picture not being updated correctly for BBM Voice calls;
- Broadcast messages are received in black text;
- Active BBM Voice calls are randomly disconnecting;
- Contacts see each other as unavailable although both are registered and can see other contacts as available.
The complete list of changes included in the latest update for BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), check out BlackBerry Beta Zone.