Last week RIM BlackBerry Messenger v126.96.36.199 landed in Beta Zone along with some new features and several improvements meant to make users' messaging experience much smoother.It looks like this week BlackBerry fans will be getting new version of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) with even more improvements.
The folks at CrackBerry have just noticed that BlackBerry Messenger 188.8.131.52 has just appears in Beta Zone.
Those who wish to try it out and see how it fairs should know that they will need to register for BlackBerry Beta Zone in order to be able to download and install this beta version of BBM.
As we already mentioned earlier, the new update brings quite a long list of changes, mostly bug fixes who were reported in previous versions.
The following issues have been addressed and will not be present in this version of BBM:
- User is returned to the contact list after sending a voice note via the convenience key if the chat is opened from the Messages application;
- Virtual keyboard does not appear automatically when editing personal message;
- When trying to switch chat from switch chat menu within conversation, user information is partially cutoff;
- Send picture dialog is displayed as a vertical bar for device font size 14.
Aside from the bug fixes above, there are several known issues that will probably be addressed in future updates. It appears that highlighting a BBM contact will display a different contact's display picture.
Another known issue listed by RIM is the fact that some smiles will remain as text in a message sent to multiperson chat for all participants.
Other known issues present in BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) 184.108.40.206 include:
- Pressing the convenience key while the menu is open in a chat returns the user to the contact list if the chat is opened from the Messages application;
- Scrolling quickly in the inline edit view allows the focus to move out on to the user's avatar;
- Pressing the Enter key while the focus is on the user's avatar initiates the inline edit view;
- Send voice note dialog buttons are cut off in landscape mode when the virtual keyboard is displayed.
BlackBerry users who already have a Beta Zone account can get the updated version of BBM and try it out, while those who have yet to register can head over to BlackBerry Beta Zone site.