BlackBerry Curve 9330 Lands at Verizon on September 16th
Mobile phone carrier Verizon Wireless today announced officially that it would add a new smartphone from Research In Motion to its offering, namely the new BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone (model 9330), set to arrive in two color flavors, Charcoal and Fuchsia Red.According to the company, the new device is set to become available for purchase via its business sales channels starting with September 16th, while hitting the Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and the carrier's online store in the coming weeks.
The specifications list of the new device includes a 35-key full QWERTY backlit keyboard, complemented by an optical trackpad and a bright display.
The smartphone packs 512 MB of Flash memory and a microSD /SDHC memory card slot with support for up to 32GB of additional storage space.
The features list of this BlackBerry also includes:
- Dedicated media keys integrated along the top of the smartphone, so music lovers can easily access their tunes while on the go
- BlackBerry Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos with the smartphone
- Camera with video recording (requires a separately sold microSD card)
- Industry-leading BlackBerry e-mail and messaging capabilities
- Easy mobile access to Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Flickr as well as popular instant messaging services
- Support for BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
BlackBerry Curve 9330 come with a GPS receiver with support for VZ Navigator, as well as with built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) and Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity options.
Premium phone features have been added into the mix too, such as voice-activated dialing and speakerphone, not to mention the BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), or the support for social networking sites.
The new handset comes to the market with the BlackBerry 5 OS on board, but is BlackBerry 6 OS ready, and should be upgraded to it in a matter of months.
“BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for BlackBerry smartphones that retains the trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh and engaging experience that is both powerful and easy to use,” RIM announced.
The new BlackBerry Curve 9330 measures 4.3” x 2.4” x .55” and weighs in at 3.7 oz.
The price tag for the new BlackBerry Curve 3G has been set at $29.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement, Verizon Wireless announced (a voice plan with an Email and Web feature or an Email and Web for BlackBerry plan required).