Here’s why it serves to keep a cool head under all circumstances, even if they include getting bitten by a Black Widow spider, which is what happened to Swedish rookie golfer Daniela Holmqvist during the Women’s Australian Open.
As she was preparing to take another shot, Daniela felt a sharp pain above her ankle, the NY Daily News reports.
Looking down, she saw a spider crawling away – and she immediately noted the distinctive red spot on it.
After telling her people what just happened and describing the spider to them, they informed her that she’d just been bitten by a Black Widow and immediately called for help.
It didn’t come soon enough, so Daniela took a tee and squeezed the venom out herself.
“A clear fluid came out. It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible,” she says.
She continued playing after being evaluated by the medical team but unfortunately didn’t make the tournament. Hilariously, she doesn’t “recommend getting bitten by a Black Widow.”