One of the most popular desktop video players, BSPlayer made the jump on Android platform a while back. However, the Android application didn’t prove as popular as the desktop version for various reasons.With less than 5 million downloads on Google Play store, BSPlayer for Android is regularly improved with software updates.
Today, developers released a new version of the application which features Android 4.2 Jelly Bean support. In addition, the latest update brings the option to set timeout for LAN operations and support for VobSub/DVD and PGS subtitles.
Other changes included in the latest version of BSPlayer for Android are detailed below:
- all codecs are now integrated;
- fixed seeking in TS files;
- fixed double speed bug in some files;
- added option to set number of recently played items;
- fixed garbled audio with some files;
- file opening can now be aborted;
- added option to set timeout when to hide controls;
- some other fixes/improvements.
BSPlayer 1.6.141 is now available as a free download via Google Play store and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 2.1 and later. Check it out here.