BSPlayer for Android Updated with Android 4.2 Support
Lots of bug fixes and improvements have been included as well
One of the most popular desktop video players, BSPlayer made the jump on Android platform a while back. However, the Android application didn’t prove as popular as the desktop version for various reasons.With less than 5 million downloads on Google Play store, BSPlayer for Android is regularly improved with software updates.
Today, developers released a new version of the application which features Android 4.2 Jelly Bean support. In addition, the latest update brings the option to set timeout for LAN operations and support for VobSub/DVD and PGS subtitles.
Other changes included in the latest version of BSPlayer for Android are detailed below:
- all codecs are now integrated;
- fixed seeking in TS files;
- fixed double speed bug in some files;
- added option to set number of recently played items;
- fixed garbled audio with some files;
- file opening can now be aborted;
- added option to set timeout when to hide controls;
- some other fixes/improvements.
BSPlayer 1.6.141 is now available as a free download via Google Play store and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 2.1 and later. Check it out here.