Automake 1.12.5 Officially Released
The latest version of the Automake tool can be downloaded from Softpedia
Automake, a tool for automatically generating Makefile.in files compliant with the GNU Coding Standards, is now at version 1.12.5.Automake 1.12.5 is just a maintenance release, fixing a couple of minor bugs, one related to the use of Microsoft tools for compiling and linking, and the other related to spurious remake rules being generated in some cases by the AC_CONFIG_HEADERS macro.
Highlights of Automake 1.12.5:
• Future versions of Automake will likely drop support for the long-deprecated 'configure.in' name for the Autoconf input file;
• Support for the "Cygnus-style" trees will be removed in the next major Automake release;
• Automake and aclocal no longer honor the 'perllibdir' environment variable;
• The AM_PROG_VALAC macro has been enhanced to take two further optional arguments;
• Automake no longer generates spurious remake rules invoking autoheader to regenerate the template corresponding to header files.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Automake 1.12.5 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW