On May 24, Alexandre Julliard announced a new development version of the Wine app, which brought assorted bug fixes and improvements.As usual, the number of new features and bug fixes in the development version of Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) is quite large, even if we don’t take the important changes into account.
This latest version is now as consistent as the previous ones, but there are some interesting changes nonetheless.
Highlights of Wine 1.5.31:
• The message handling in dlls/user/edit.c no longer crashed programs;
• Rotated fonts are no longer displayed in dot size;
• A pen has been added to tablet stylus detection whitelist;
• An error writing file has been fixed in the UnReal World installer;
• The screen no longer goes black in Direct3D mode;
• Tiny slider indicators have been fixed in Audacity;
• Battlezone animation video no longer causes the game to fail;
• Civilization IV is now working properly;
• Adobe Photoshop CS4 installer now works properly;
• A copy-Paste bug has been fixed in TAB_SetupScrolling;
• libwine is now installed properly;
• A test has been added for holding a process heap lock before calling ExitProcess;
• Threads are now terminated before unloading DLLs;
• A memory leak has been fixed.
Wine 1.5.30 also brings bug fixes for the following Windows games and tools: Autodesk Revit Architecture 2008, ProntoEdit NG 2.1.8, Chessmaster 10th edition, Mass Effect, Everquest 2, Saira, Alien Hallway, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, LabVIEW 2010, Audacity, F.E.A.R. 3, Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Warlords III, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008, Windows Download Integrator 3.x, and UWIN installer.
More details about this release can be found in the official changelog.
Download Wine 1.5.31 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.