Ubisoft officially revealed Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag to the world yesterday and now the company has posted a description for the game and a list of impressive features, focusing on the new adventures players can experience in the upcoming title.
After Assassin's Creed 3 let players experience the American Revolution through the eyes of Connor Kenway, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, goes back in history and lets people go through the Golden Age of Piracy alongside Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather.
After hearing the official details about the game yesterday thanks to several previews from around the web, Ubisoft has now posted a description for the game, explaining the basic premise and a few things about the hero.
"The year is 1715," the company said in a statement.
"Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established their own lawless Republic where corruption, greediness and cruelty are commonplace. Among these outlaws is a brash young captain named Edward Kenway. His fight for glory has earned him the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but also drawn him into the ancient war between Assassins and Templars, a war that may destroy everything the pirates have built. Welcome to the Golden Age of Piracy."
Ubisoft also listed the key features of the game, ranging from its new protagonist and world, to the improvements made to the naval warfare mechanic and the multiplayer modes that will be available in the new title, so check out the list below.
- A Brash Rebel Assassin – Become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins. Edward can effortlessly switch between the Hidden Blade of the Assassin’s Order and all new weaponry including four flintlock pistols and dual cutlass swords.
- Explore an Open world Filed With Opportunities – Discover the largest and most diverse Assassin’s Creed world ever created. From Kingston to Nassau, explore 50 unique locations where you can live the life of a pirate including: Loot underwater shipwrecks, assassinate Templars in blossoming cities, hunt for rare animals in untamed jungles, search for treasure in lost ruins and escape to hidden coves.
- Become the Most Feared Pirate in the Caribbean – Command your ship, the Jackdaw, and strike fear in all who see her. Plunder and pillage to upgrade the Jackdaw with ammunition and equipment needed to fight off enemy ships. The ship`s improvements are critical to Edward` s progression through the game. Attack and seamlessly board massive galleons, recruit sailors to join your crew and embark on an epic and infamous adventure.
- Experience the Gritty Reality Behind the Pirate Fantasy – Stand amongst legendary names such as Blackbeard, Calico Jack and Benjamin Hornigold, as you establish a lawless Republic in the Bahamas and relive the truly explosive events that defined the Golden Age of Piracy.
- Multiplayer Experience – Fight against or cooperate with your friends in the ruthless and acclaimed multiplayer experience. Choose from an eclectic cast of characters and fight to the death in exotic themed maps.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is out this year for the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and the next-gen PlayStation 4.