Apple’s Special Deals section is always a good place to start looking for a new Mac, should you want to save a buck or, say… $850 bucks, if you need a decently-specced iMac but don’t have $2,200 to spare.
The all-in-one desktop Mac boasts a 24-inch glossy widescreen display, 4GB of memory, 1TB hard drive, the 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 graphics with 512MB memory and built-in iSight camera, to name some of the key features.
Admittedly, the Refurbished iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
is a previous-generation computer, and it’s pre-owned, but Apple needs to clear out its stock.
As such, the company has cut as much as $850 off this system’s original retail price to just $1,349.00.
Customers can expect a good working system, as every Apple refurb undergoes Apple's stringent refurbishment process, prior to being offered for sale. According to the Mac maker, each of its Certified Refurbished Products:
- is fully tested (including full burn-in testing);
- is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing;
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection;
- is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.);
- includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system;
- is given a new refurbished part number and serial number;
- (and, finally) is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
For this computer, Apple highlights the ultrafast NVIDIA graphics, the slim, all-in-one design, and its low carbon footprint from the manufacturing process and used materials to power consumption, when the computer is on the owner’s desk.
Upon ordering the computer, customer receive (in the box):
- Refurbished iMac
- Apple Keyboard
- Mighty Mouse
- Power adapter and cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
Apple pre-installs Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and the iLife '09 Suite on this system.
Those who wish to benefit from this offer are encouraged to hurry up (stock is limited).About Apple refurbished products
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned products that undergo Apple's stringent refurbishment process, prior to being offered for sale. They are returned under Apple's Return and Refund Policies.
While only some units are brought back because of technical issues, all of them undergo the company's rigorous quality-refurbishment process.
Service and support include 90 days of telephone support and a one-year warranty. You have the option of purchasing an AppleCare Protection Plan for your refurb, while shipping is free in the US.