The folks over at Android Does, creators of Apex Launcher for Android devices, have just released a beta version of the application, which is based on Google’s latest Jelly Bean platform.
Coincidence or not, it appears that the main competitor of Apex Launcher, the Nova Launcher
application, received a beta update as well, which is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Check it out here
Anyway, the latest Apex Launcher Beta 1.3.0 is said to bring a slew of important performance improvements and new features. Lots of bugs have been addressed as well, but others may be discovered soon, which is why the application is still in beta.
The beta version of Apex Launcher features the following enhancements and improvements: - When placing widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room;
- When they are too big, widgets resize on their own to fit on the home screen;
- Quickly remove apps/widgets by flinging them to the edge of the home screen;
- Major performance boost for home screen and drawer;
- New app enter/exit animations (Jelly Bean only);
- Switched to phone layout on 7″ tablets (e.g., Nexus 7);
- Added background for widgets in the drawer;
- Fixed icon ordering bug within folders.
As we have already mentioned, this beta iteration also brings some bug fixes, which are meant to improve the overall stability of Apex Launcher
and make it work smoother. According to the app’s changelog, the latest beta version includes the following bug fixes: - Unlimited drawer tabs and new drawer management UI (pro);
- Improved drawer tab switching for vertical drawers (pro);
- Fixed Play Store widgets on Jelly Bean;
- Fixed paid theme (icon pack) issue on Jelly Bean;
- Lots of other improvements and enhancements;
- Updated translations.
Apex Launcher Beta 1.3.0 won’t be released in the Google Play store, but those who want to try it out can download it from here