Apache: Air Assault is a video game made by Russian development studio Gaijin Entertainment and launched by large publisher Activision for platforms like the PC, PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, on November 16, 2010, as a new type of combat flight simulator, focused, like its name clearly suggests, on helicopters instead of fighter jets like previous titles that are released in the genre.
Apache: Air Assault tasks players with completing various types of missions using a number of different Apache helicopters, including models like the Boeing AH-64D Longbow Apache, Agusta Westland AH Mk 1 Apache or the Northrop Grumman MQ-8B Fire Scout, each with their special characteristics, which can be customized with different decals or control layouts, depending on the preferences of the player, and used to fulfill a variety of missions that take place all over the world in different war zones.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Not A Scratch (20 points): Complete any mission without dying on any difficulty.
- Gunfighter (30 points): Kill 30 enemy ground units with the 30mm cannon.
- Rocketman (30 points): Kill 70 enemy ground units with the Hydra 70 rockets.
- Hell Yeah (30 points): Kill 114 enemy ground units with the AGM 114 Hellfire missiles.
- Sting Like A Bee (30 points): Kill 9 enemy air units with the FIM-92 Stinger missiles.
- I Can Dance All Day (15 points): Avoid 15 incoming missiles by using anti-missile defense system.
- Skin Deep (60 points): Unlock all skins for all helicopters.
- Bumper Stickers! (60 points): Unlock twenty decals.
Additionally there are two secret achievements.
- This Is The End (10 points): Played the Credits
- Got To Da Choppa! (5 points): Started "The Sky is Burning" mission.